As the weather grows colder and the leaves begin to fall from the trees, some brides are planning their winter wedding. According to The Knot, there are several winter wedding trends that are gaining steam for 2014.
- The hair and makeup for a winter wedding is leaning more towards big and bold. The bride’s hair should have plenty of volume while their lips should pop with a bright berry color. Brides are also choosing to highlight their cheekbones for their winter wedding.
- The flowers used for a winter wedding tend to be shades of white and ivory. These full bouquets are then highlighted with plenty of greens.
- The colors of the flowers are also commonly used as the overall color scheme of a winter wedding. Sharp contrasts are also popular to use, such as pairing gold with black or white with red.
- Invitations tend to be natural in color, but lately have been designed using a fabric-like print. A woodland theme is also popular among invitations with plenty of pine cones, branches, and evergreen.
- Bridesmaid dresses should be kept relatively long to keep them warm during a winter wedding. This year, many dresses incorporate dark jewel tones with a lacy layer.
- The décor for a winter wedding reception should incorporate a layering theme. Couples are layering different textures throughout their reception area to create a warm and cozy experience. Some are going as far as to include a woodland motif for their centerpieces.
- The winter wedding cake trend includes sharp lines with an overall white cake. The cake is then accented with metallic tones. Because of the winter season, couples tend to go for a richer flavor for their cake.
- Couples enjoy warm comfort food from their winter wedding caterer. When you discuss your menu with Catering by Alan Weiss, choose foods that remind you of home and family.
When you choose Catering by Alan Weiss, you aren’t just choosing a caterer, but the most comprehensive menu that exists in Kosher outside of New York for your upcoming Washington DC or Baltimore wedding reception. Let our team of party planners, chefs, and waiters help with reception details while you take care of the intimate ceremony details. Our team strives to make your special day the best it can be.
Catering by Alan Weiss specializes in kosher catering for winter wedding receptions in the Washington DC and Baltimore areas. Want to learn more about our services for your winter wedding reception? Call us today at 443-394-8338 or 800-459-0009. You can also visit our contact page.