While a sit down dinner is still a favorite of many for a wedding, bat or bar mitzvah, new trends have taken hold within the catering industry. However, stations and buffets are quickly gaining popularity. Whether you are celebrating your special wedding day or throwing a bat/bar mitzvah for your child, stations and buffets are fun ways to provide delicious food in a fun and interactive way.
Stations and Buffets for Kids
- Donuts- Who said donuts are only for breakfast? Create a donut station with fun sauces to dip and dunk your donuts with and finish it off with fun toppings like peanuts and sprinkles.
- Snow Cones- These icy treats are a great finale for your special day, especially if it was spent out in the sun! Provide your guests with shaved ice and a number of different syrups to choose from to cool off.
- Ice Cream- Who doesn’t love an ice cream sundae? Set up your station or buffet with a few different flavors of ice cream along with a number of fun toppings and sauces. Don’t forget the whipped cream!
- Cupcakes- Instead of a traditional cake, how about letting your guests decorate their own cupcake? Have two or three different cakes along with different icing flavors and toppings to choose from.
Stations and Buffets for Adults
- Mimosas- Mimosas are a fun and easy cocktail to create, so why not let guests make their own? Provide champagne with fresh fruit and juices to create the perfect cocktail.
- Bloody Mary’s- Whether you are having an early wedding or a late gathering, it is always a great time for a Bloody Mary! Let guests choose from their favorite vodka and add olives and spices to suit their fancy.
- Bruschetta- Instead of offering prepared bruschetta to your guest, give them the chance to create their own! Provide a various array of spreads, cheeses, and vegetables to allow guests to build their own bruschetta.
Stations and Buffets with Catering by Alan Weiss
When you choose Catering by Alan Weiss, you are choosing the caterer with not only the most experience but also the caterer in the Rockville region with the most comprehensive menu in kosher cuisine outside of New York City. Let our team of party planners, chefs, and waiters help with party details while you take care of the intimate details. Our team strives to make your special day the best it can be.
Catering by Alan Weiss specializes in kosher wedding catering along with kosher catering for bat/bar mitzvahs and conferences in the Baltimore area. Want to learn more about our wedding reception catering services for your upcoming special day? Call us today at 443-394-8338 or 800-459-0009. You can also call our Rockville number at 240-630-2555. You can also visit our contact page.