The wedding cake is one of the most highlighted portions of the wedding reception. Many couples spend hours and hours tasting and debating their wedding cake. Here are some of the newest trends surrounding the wedding cake.
- Naked- Instead of covering your entire wedding cake in icing, keep the icing in between your layers. Use fresh fruits to help decorate the outside of your cake for a more natural look.
- Chocolate- Never feel like you should limit your chocolate cravings when it comes to your wedding cake.
- More than One- Instead of having only one large cake for the couple to cut and enjoy, opt for a number of smaller cakes for each table to enjoy. This also allows you to play around with different flavor combinations.
- Stand- Be adventurous when displaying your wedding cake. Incorporate your own style or continue with your set theme when decorating the table or stand your wedding cake will be placed on.
- Quotes- Choose a quote that best describes your love and have it piped onto the sides of your cake. This could be a movie line, a lyric, or a quote from a poem.
- Sweeter is Better- Do you have a serious sweet tooth? Use your wedding cake to showcase that! Use truffles to decorate the outside of your wedding cake, or use your wedding cake as a centerpiece to a fully stocked dessert bar.
- Shapes- Your wedding cake doesn’t have to be round. Play around with the idea of a different shaped cake, such a square or a hexagon.
When you choose Catering by Alan Weiss, you are choosing the caterer with not only the most experience but also the caterer in the Washington DC region with the most comprehensive menu in kosher cuisine outside of New York City. Let our team of party planners, chefs, and waiters help with party details while you take care of the intimate details. Our team strives to make your special day the best it can be.
Catering by Alan Weiss specializes in kosher wedding catering along with kosher catering for bat/bar mitzvahs and conferences in the Washington DC area. Want to learn more about our wedding reception catering services for your upcoming special day? Call us today at 443-394-8338 or 800-459-0009. You can also visit our contact page.
Schedule your free, in-person consultation and leave with a free cake! Choose from our favorites: chocolate mousse, strawberry shortcake, or carrot.