One of the more fun choices a couple gets to make when planning their kosher wedding is the bar selection. While some choices are easier than others, it is important to choose the perfect kosher wines for your special day.
So what constitutes a kosher wine? A wine is considered to be kosher when it has been prepared under the eye of Jewish males who observe the Sabbath. The ingredients used to make the wine must be kosher, which means they meet the Jewish dietary laws in place.
Here are five kosher wines to consider serving for your kosher wedding reception:
- Dalton Merlot Reserve 2007- A merlot provides a smooth taste that is typically a go to for guests. This merlot offers a light fruity flavor that can please a number of different palates at your kosher wedding.
- Galil Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon 2009- Out of the red wine options, a cabernet is another popular choice because of its full flavor. This particular kosher wine offers a dry, full bodied flavor that includes hints of herbs and plums.
- Abarbanel Gewurztraminer 2009- A gewürztraminer can either be dry or sweet, depending on the type you choose. This one is on the drier side and offers a medium-bodied flavor for your kosher wedding.
- Barkan Chardonnay 2007- Of your white wine options, a chardonnay is probably one of the most popular because it is smooth to drink. This chardonnay is created by grapes that are grown and picked in the corridor of Jerusalem.
- Hagafen Lake County White Riesling 2010- This type of white wine can be found in different flavors that vary from dry to sweet. It is also known to be the one of the few white wines that can hold its own during a meat entrée. This Riesling offers a somewhat sweet finish, which makes it acceptable to pair with a number of different food options during your kosher wedding reception.
When you choose Catering by Alan Weiss, you are choosing the caterer with not only the most experience but also the caterer in the Washington DC region with the most comprehensive menu in kosher cuisine outside of New York City. Let our team of party planners, chefs, and waiters help with party details while you take care of the intimate details. Our team strives to make your special day the best it can be.
Catering by Alan Weiss specializes in kosher wedding catering along with kosher catering for bat/bar mitzvahs and conferences in the Washington DC area. Want to learn more about our wedding reception catering services for your upcoming special day? Call us today at 443-394-8338 or 800-459-0009. You can also call our Rockville number at 240-630-2555. You can also visit our contact page.