So, you’re a bridesmaid. Again. You’ve already lived through the stress of wedding planning, but have you ever played an active role in trying to minimize if not eliminate the bride’s stress? Remember, when brides choose their close friends to be their bridesmaids, they want to be surrounded by the ladies in their life on their special day, AND they would appreciate some help in planning.
There are many times when bridesmaids aren’t sure what they can do to help their blushing bride, and this could obviously create problems as the wedding date approaches. Here are some easy ways for bridesmaids to assist their brides for their wedding.
A Checklist of Ways That You, The Bridesmaid, Can Enhance the Wedding Experience
- Make a party out of handling the wedding invitations. Gather the bridesmaids at a time and place that is convenient for your bride to address and stuff the envelopes. Ask everyone to bring a snack and make a day out of a possibly stressful job for the bride.
- Offer to create gift baskets for guests that will be visiting from out of state. Depending on when the guests will arrive, include a fun letter, map of the area, souvenirs, and a list of activities the guests can enjoy days before the wedding.
- Help keep the bride’s mind off the big day. Use a night out on the town as a distraction from the stress of the wedding.
- Be her eyes and ears before and during the wedding. Talk to her vendor, caterer, and entertainment to ensure everything is running smoothly. During the reception, help guide her to guests she has yet to see. She will be pulled in every direction during the ceremony, so being a buffer will help her navigate the crowd.
- Do a final walkthrough at the end of the reception. Help carry gifts to the car or limo and escort any guests outside if needed. Walk around the venue to see if any decorations, gifts, or miscellaneous items were left.
Catering by Alan Weiss – A Virtual Bridesmaid
When you choose Catering by Alan Weiss, you are choosing the caterer with not only the most experience but also the caterer in the Washington DC region with the most comprehensive menu in kosher cuisine outside of New York City. Let our team of party planners, chefs, and waiters help with party details while you take care of the intimate details. Our team strives to make your special day the best it can be.
Catering by Alan Weiss specializes in kosher wedding catering along with kosher catering for bat/bar mitzvahs and conferences in the Washington DC area. Want to learn more about our wedding reception catering services for your upcoming special day? Call us today at 443-394-8338 or 800-459-0009. You can also visit our contact page.